ASIANS ARE STRONG & THE PUSH
INAUGURAL ASIAN STRENGTH ART COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
1. Contest Host (“Host”):
Asians Are Strong - 2834 Anza St, San Francisco, CA, 94121 USA
The Push - 308 12th St, Brooklyn, NY, 11215 USA
- To be eligible to participate (in each case as an “Eligible Participant”) in the INAUGURAL ASIAN STRENGTH ART COMPETITION (“Contest”), you must satisfy the following criteria:
- be age of eighteen or older (18) by the start of start of Contest
3. Contest Period
The Contest begins on October 5, 2021 12:00am PT and ends October 27, 2021 11:59pm PT (“Contest Period”). Host’s time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
4. Entry into the Contest
- To enter the Contest, complete the following steps:
- If Eligible Participant:
- Access the Contest Website.
- Complete submission form by providing your name and contact information, including email address, and the Eligible Participant’s first name, age, and location. Upload Entry and Entry information through submission form. Limit one (1) entry per Eligible Participant during the Contest Period.
- The Entry must:
- depict the Eligible Participant’s interpretation of the theme, “Asian Heroism” (the “Theme”);
- be an original work of art in any of the following visual art media/formats: painting, drawing, textile art, photography, printmaking, sculpture, glass, clay, ceramics, wood, leather, stone, metal, traditional and folk art, mixed media. This contest excludes film, poetry, artistic performance, and music.
- be uploaded in a digital format, as either a .jpg or .png;
- have a minimum resolution of at least 2400 pixels x 2400 pixels;
- have a maximum size of no more than 10 Mb;
- not contain copyrighted material;
- not contain threatening, offensive, or abusive material;
- be otherwise in full compliance with these Official Rules.
- Entries must be received by October 27, 2021 11:59pm PT. All required Entry Information must be completed in full to be considered. Proof of delivery or receipt of any kind of Entry will not be deemed by Host as proof of Entry. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. Each Entry will be judged on the criteria set forth below. Entries that contain information that is not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (described below), as determined by Host in its sole discretion, or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. As determined by Host any Entry that includes obscenities, objectionable material, defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights, publicity rights, will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. For your Entry to be valid, you must acknowledge reading, accepting, and agreeing to all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
5. Selection of Finalists
- Eligible Entries will be judged by Host’s designated representative(s) (collectively “Judges”). BUT NOTE THAT THEY MAY BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS AS THEY ARE RECEIVED. All eligible Entries will be judged by the Judges, who will select ten (10) finalists (each a “Finalist”). Entries will be judged based upon the following criteria: (1) creativity and originality, (2) quality and execution, (3) adherence to the Theme.
- Judges evaluate the artwork based on three criteria:
- Creativity and originality: The artwork has creativity or originality in concept, medium, and cultural context. The artwork explores a unique sense of culture, position, and innovative thinking. The individual expression is original, exceptional, and relevant. Overall, the work has a sense of surpassing other works in its ingenuity and style.
- Quality and Execution: The artwork has excellent aesthetic and technical accomplishment in the chosen medium. The formal artistic elements are of the highest quality, as judged by the chosen medium. The material and method work to effectively articulate the overall message.
- Adherence to the Theme: The artwork successfully expresses the competition theme of Asian Heroism, and is paired with a strong artist statement. The point of view is unique and expansive. The artwork deepens the viewer’s understanding of the theme.
6. Public Voting
- The Finalists will go through a public online voting period starting November 2, 2021 12:00am PT and ending November 5, 2021 11:59pm PT. Public voting will select three (3) winners, (each a “Winner”) based on the top three (3) entries with the most votes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Voting is open only to those individuals who are at least 13 years of age at the time of casting a Vote (collectively, “Voters”). Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Voters must have a valid email address, and can vote once per valid email address.
SPECIFIC RULES FOR VOTERS: The following rules apply to Voting on a Contest Entry:
- Votes must be accessed by voting submission form from the contest website.
- Votes can be cast (each, a “Vote”) between the voting period starting November 2, 2021 12:00am PT and ending November 5, 2022 11:59pm PT.
- Votes sent outside of the designated voting dates and times will not be counted.
- By voting for the Contest, you agree to these rules.
ADDITIONAL RULES: Host may disqualify any Vote or Voter if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the Vote was cast in exchange for compensation or other consideration or is otherwise contrary to the spirit of the competition. Host may prohibit a Voter from participating in Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Voter is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of Host by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair participation or voting practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Host’s representatives. Host is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of Host, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Rules, selection and announcement of the winner, and distribution of the prizes. Host reserves the right to terminate or amend Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, if any factor, including without limitation virus, bugs, or non-authorized human intervention, interferes with its conduct as contemplated by these official rules. Host’s decisions and the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest and the subject matter of these rules. By voting in Contest, the Voter agrees that Host and its respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers, and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind relating to or arising from Contest or resulting from the Voter’s participation in Contest. The Voter agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Host and its affiliates, agents, directors, officers, and employees from and against any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, losses, and expenses, including costs and attorney fees relating to or arising out of any claim or demand of any kind or nature which any person or party may make against Host based upon or arising out of the Voter’s actions or the Voter’s participation in Contest, or any other claim or demand relating to Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A VOTER TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ARTPRIZE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ARTPRIZE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH VOTER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Winner Selection
- Public voting will select three (3) winners, (each a “Winner”) based on the top three (entries) with the most votes.
- Winners will be announced publicly no earlier than November 7, 2021 12:00am PT. The Entries of the Winners will be displayed at
- Official websites of Asians Are Strong and The Push
- Official Instagram of Asians Are Strong and The Push
- The following prizes will be awarded to the winning Eligible Participants (each a “Winner”):
- Total Prizes: A total of three (3) prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded consisting of: one (1) first-place prize (“First-Place Prize”), one (1) second-place prize (“Second-Place Prize”), one (1) third-place prize, (“Third-Place Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for all Prizes is up to nine hundred ($900.00 USD). Limit one (1) Prize per Eligible Participant. IMPORTANT: DELIVERY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR ALL COUNTRIES AND/OR STATES OR PROVINCES DUE TO INCOMPLETE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT HOST; COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS AND/OR REGULATIONS BLOCKING DELIVERY.
- First-Place Prizes: One (1) First-Place Prize will be awarded to the Eligible Participant whose Entry receives the highest number of votes, consisting of a prize check and certificate. The total ARV for First-Place Prize is up to five hundred ($500.00 USD). IMPORTANT: DELIVERY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR ALL COUNTRIES AND/OR STATES OR PROVINCES DUE TO INCOMPLETE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT; COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS AND/OR REGULATIONS BLOCKING DELIVERY.
- Second-Place Prizes: One (1) Second-Place Prize will be awarded to the Eligible Participant whose Entry receives the second highest number of votes, consisting of a prize check and certificate. The total ARV for Second-Place Prize is up to two hundred ($200.00 USD). IMPORTANT: DELIVERY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR ALL COUNTRIES AND/OR STATES OR PROVINCES DUE TO INCOMPLETE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT; COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS AND/OR REGULATIONS BLOCKING DELIVERY.
- Third-Place Prizes: One (1) Third-Place Prize will be awarded to the Eligible Participant whose Entry receives the third highest number of votes, consisting of a prize check and certificate. The total ARV for Third-Place Prize is up to one hundred ($100.00 USD). IMPORTANT: DELIVERY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR ALL COUNTRIES AND/OR STATES OR PROVINCES DUE TO INCOMPLETE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT; COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS AND/OR REGULATIONS BLOCKING DELIVERY.
9. Prize Award
All potential Winners will be contacted through the email address provided by Entrants. The failure to respond in a timely manner to the notification shall result in forfeiture of the Prize and certificate. Host will request, and potential Winner agrees to provide confirmation of consent, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. A Prize will not be awarded until necessary information has been collected and all properly executed forms are returned (“Verification”). Upon completion of Verification, a potential Winner shall become a Winner. All Prizes will be delivered to the Winners at the address provided during Verification. If a Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Host reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value. No transfer of any Prize. It is expressly understood that the Host is under no obligation to any Winner other than as expressly set forth herein. Each Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of a Prize. Should federal, state, or local law impose any tax reporting or filing obligations on Host arising out of the Winner’s participation in the Contest (including the Winner’s receipt of and/or use of any Prize), the Winner agrees to timely provide Host with any information that is reasonably needed for Host to comply with any such reporting or filing obligations. IMPORTANT: DELIVERY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR ALL COUNTRIES AND/OR STATES OR PROVINCES DUE TO INCOMPLETE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT; COUNTRY, STATE, OR PROVINCE SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS AND/OR REGULATIONS BLOCKING DELIVERY.
10. Grant of Rights
Each Entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers all rights, title, interest, claim, ideas, concepts, copyrighted materials, and trademarks contained in any Entry submitted in the Contest and any and all rights including “moral rights” in any Entry submitted in the Contest to the Host. Entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Host all rights, title, interest, and/or claim, which he/she/they now has, or may in the future have to his/her/their Entry (including any and all essays submitted by the Entrant). Host has the right to use, assign, modify, edit, adapt, dispose of, and electronically alter Entrant’s Entry, including but not limited to, for moral rights, to appear in promotional and/or commercial materials, as well as to reproduce it, in whole or in part, without compensation or additional consent from Entrant, or any third party.
11. Limitations of Liability and Release
No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Host or resulting from any Eligible Participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest. Host is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of any Prize or these Official Rules. All Eligible Participants must have a valid email address. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Host or Contest Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, television, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestions on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility, or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest. By participating in the Contest, Eligible Participants agree to release and hold the Contest Entities harmless from any and all claims, damages, or liabilities arising from or relating to such Eligible Participant’s participation in the Contest including, without limitation, any use or misuse of any Prize. By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees to release, and hold Host harmless for any loss or injury including, without limitation, any personal injury or property damage resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use/misuse of any Prize. The Prize may be deemed compensation to a Winner and may be subject to withholding in accordance with Host’s payroll practices.
12. Publicity Release
Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Host to use, without notice or further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, any Eligible Participant’s Entry, photo, likeness, biographical information, statement, and voice in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and Eligible Participant hereby releases the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto (each a “Publicity Release”).
By participating, Eligible Participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Winners must comply with any and all requirements and limitations associated with the use of any Prize. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Host reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest.
14. Winners List/Rules Request
For Winners' names (first name, city, and country) or Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winners List,” postmarked by November 30, 2021, to: Asians Are Strong, Attention: Inaugural Asian Strength Art Competition, 2834 Anza St, San Francisco, CA, 94121 USA.